- Registration at HQ from 08:00. Riders will be set off in pairs at 2 minute intervals from 08:30
- Also note, checkpoints MUST be observed and noted on your check card or it will NOT be accepted as proof of completing the event
- West Kent Facebook page “Cycling West Kent”
- Cycling UK website: https://www.cyclinguk.org
The copy deadline for the Oct/Nov19 issue is fast approaching. Please email your article(s) by close of play on 5th Sep to firstname.lastname@example.org.\\ **BEST ARTICLE COMPETITION 2019** \\ Feature articles received and printed from the Dec18/Jan19 issue plus any submitted in time for the upcoming Oct/Nov19 issue will automatically be entered into the club Best Article Competition.\\ Articles must be over 200 words, created by the author. Editorial matter and factual reports etc excluded.\\ The articles are independently and anonymously judged so everyone has an equal chance at success.\\ The competition winner will receive a book token for their efforts and awarded the Phyll Triggs Rosebowl (presented at the annual prize presentation lunch in Jan20).\\ So don’t delay, get your article in now!
CYCLING UK / WEST KENT CTC HADLOW HUNDREDS 100 km / 65km / 35km
Sunday 8th September 2019
GOLDEN GREEN HALL TN11 0BD [near HADLOW]
100km: 10:00 [later starts available by arrangement]
65km / 35km: any time up to 14:00
Entry Fees: 100km: £8 Cycling UK members, £10 non-members,
£2 surcharge if you don’t register with me in advance.
35km/65km rides £4 Cycling UK members, £6 non-members, entry on the line only.
Other refreshments: £2 [Tea, Coffee and Squash included in entry fee]
Time limits for the 100km
First loop 35km: Min. 1hr. 30min. Max. 3hr. 0min.
Second loop 65km Min. 2hr. 51min. Max. 5hr. 42min.
- The event is based at Golden Green, the Hall being the start, finish and hub for two loops up onto the Greensand and into the Beult valley
- There are hills on the first loop, none of them are steep and they are kept to a minimum.
- The second loop is longer but as flat as you can get in mid Kent
- Entry arrangements are flexible. You can simply register with me and fill in the form on the day, or print off the entry form, complete it and post it to me [or bring it with you on the day], or scan the completed form and email it to me. You can send me a cheque or pay by cheque or cash on the day. [cheques payable to R. Seall]. There is a £2 surcharge for on the line entries if you haven’t notified me in advance
- For Entry Form, see link at top of the page otherwise contact organiser if you cannot obtain one
- No SAE required, you will keep your Check Card at the end of the event
- Light refreshments [other than drinks] will be available all day for a charge of £2
- Also note that for the 100km event information checkpoints MUST be observed and completed on your check card or it will NOT be accepted as proof of completing the event
THIS EVENT ORGANISED AS A CYCLING UK / WEST KENT CTC EVENT UNDER CTC RULES
1 BELL COTTAGES, GOLDEN GREEN, TONBRIDGE, KENT TN11 0BB
TEL: 01732 850664
[note 29th August to 2nd September I will be at the Flying Gate Weekend]
Latest Winged Words out nowIn this issue… C2C with the Orpington Group A look back at exploring Kent in the 50s Invalids tour of the Hereford/Worcester borders A Chat with Pat… The latest positions in the Best All Rounder Competition Plus all your regular reports including where the Groups rides are going in November and December Not got your copy? Make sure you don’t miss out on your magazine by taking out a subscription. Registered readership will set you back a miniscule £12.00 for the next 6 issues. Email Richard at email@example.com with your contact details and he will arrange to send direct. N.B. We’re always on the lookout for any local business that might be prepared to place an advert in the magazine i.e. a cafe, pub. Next time you’re in your group’s regular haunt, ask and let Richard know so he can progress the referral. Alternatively if you ride with us already and want to advertise your own business, Richard would be equally pleased to hear from you.
Latest Winged Words out NOW!In this issue…
- A West Kenter recalls his experience of our Hilly 50km Audax
- Part 1 of La Velodyssee, a trip up through France
- North Norfolk with the Moderates
- A Vietnamese memory
- Tech Talk – another take on the Orbea E bike
- Plus all your usual favourites including the Best All Rounder competition standings and the “at a glance” Runs List for July and August
Not got your copy? Why not subscribe to the magazine right now? Registered readership will set you back a mere £12.00 for the next 6 issues.Email Richard at firstname.lastname@example.org with the your contact details and he will arrange to send direct. N.B. We’re always on the lookout for any local business that might want to place an advert in the magazine i.e. a cafe, pub or perhaps a club member’s own firm. Again, contact Richard with the details if you know of anyone interested.